SA Chefs is a non-profit industry body, founded more than 44 years ago, that represents the interests of chefs, cooks and caterers at all levels, with a focus on skills development, the celebration of culinary professionals and transforming the industry.
Closing Date: 30 January 2020
BURSARY FUND for professional cookery
This bursary fund offers financial support of R35 000 towards the tuition fees of the current year of study at any SACA-approved culinary institution.
Thanks to the support of its generous sponsor, the South African Chefs Association is able to offer a structured bursary fund for a young trainee studying to become a chef.
The Bryan Montgomery Bursary Fund does not award cash directly to the student; this money goes directly to the Training Provider to contribute towards the tuition fees.
Please note that funds are allocated to worthy candidates according to a formal application approval system.
Candidates applying for assistance from the Bryan Montgomery Bursary Fund must comply with the following criteria:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 25
- Be in possession of a Grade 12 pass or recognised equivalent
- Be enrolled in an existing, recognised culinary training programme to pursue a career in professional cookery
- Be or become a SA Chefs Member once enrolled at culinary school
- The course of study must be undertaken at a SA Chefs Training Member institution.
- The course of study should be a minimum duration of 12 months
- Be a South African citizen residing permanently in South Africa or a permanent resident of the country
- Submit a motivation letter to substantiate the application
- Successful candidates must be prepared to make themselves available to SA Chefs and sponsors for PR purposes
Applications are reviewed by the Bryan Montgomery Bursary Fund Selection Panel and successful candidates will be notified in writing within two months of the closing date. The decision of the Selection Panel is final and correspondence will be entered into.
Supporting documents required:
- Certified copy of your SA ID Document
- Curriculum Vitae
- Acceptance letter from the Culinary Institution
- Motivation letter from Principal/Lecturer
- SA Chefs Membership Number
Click to proceed to The South African Chefs Association (SA Chefs) website and apply for the BURSARY FUND for professional cookery.
To apply for this job please visit sachefs.co.za.