Clicks Group is a retail-led healthcare group which has been listed on the JSE Limited since 1996.
Closing Date: 31 January 2020
Payroll Team Leader: Clicks Group is looking to recruit a Payroll Team Leader to work within the Clicks Group Payroll & Benefits Services department. The role will be based at Clicks Head Office in Cape Town and will report to the HR Officer III.
Purpose and Objectives
To play a key role with in the payroll team by assuming responsibility across different business units payroll including all associated activites in order to deliver a vaule adding, cost effective and customer focused payroll service to the business that fosters a culture of continuious improvement.
- To ensure that all payroll functions in a particular area are done accurately, on time and in accordance with payroll procedures, company policies and legislative requirements
- To ensure accurate processing of employee entitlements and statutory deductions e.g. tax, pension, medical aid contributions etc
- To effectively carry out reconciliations and audits as and when required
- To ensure that employee records in a particular area are safe, secure, accurate and updated
- To ensure effective reporting as and when required
- To ensure timely and accurate response to internal and external customer queries
- To ensure effective people management ,development and training
Experience and Qualifications
- Diploma in Payroll Administration (Essential)
- 3-5 Years payroll supervisory experience
- Experience working in a large complex payroll department
- Exposure to an HR Administration system
- Experience working in cross-functional teams, especially in an environment which includes extensive co-operation with HR departments
- Strong SAP knowledge on systems and payroll
- Excellent MS skills – Excel intermediate required
- Knowledge of tax, UIF and all relevant remuneration regulations
- Basic Conditions of Employment Act
- Knowledge of relevant funds (medical aid, retirements, pension, provident)
- Knowledge of payroll policies and procedures
- Knowledge of Business (structures, lines of authority)
- In depth knowledge of all payroll related taxes (PAYE, SITE, and VAT) and legislation
- Attention to detail
- Problem Solving
- Conflict Management
- Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Service centric
- Business acumen
Click to proceed to Clicks Group website and apply for the Payroll Team Leader position.
To apply for this job please visit careers.clicksgroup.co.za.